Sonor Vintage Series 3 Piece Shell Pack, 13,16,22 in Vintage Red Oyster
- 14"x22" Bass Drum, 8"x13" Mounted Tom, 14"x16" Floor Tom
- The rounded bearing edge creates more head contact, which generates a beefier and little shorter sound in comparison to the 45 degree cut shells. The result is a warm, dry but yet resonant sound that you'll notice on older drum records.
- 9‐ply Beech / 6 mm cross laminated tension free (CLTF) on all drums
- SONOR has redesigned the original "Superprofil" hoop from the 1950s - a 2.3 mm triple flanged steel hoop with classic shape on snare drum, tom toms and floor toms
- Classic, Vintage-Style Bass Drum Claws with classic design tuning wing screws
- All SONOR lugs are equipped with the patented TuneSafe, which prevents the tension rods from loosening. Tune Safe supports maximum tuning stability even under extreme environments. Square-head tension rods with fine-pitch threads guarantee optimum tunability.
SONOR Teardrop kits are one of the most sought after vintage drums. Utilizing rounded bearing edges, the new VINTAGE series drums represent the return of the 'old SONOR sound' into its product line. SONOR introduced the 45 degree bearing edge in 1975, which we still use today on all SQ2, Prolite, and Force series drums. With the addition of the Vintage Series, drummers will have access to a complete palette of sounds that is uniquely SONOR. The SONOR team, in cooperation with artists and collectors, worked tirelessly to bring the new Vintage drum line as close as possible to the look, feel and sound of its predecessor the Teardrop drums. SONOR then combined its knowledge of modern drum building, with the look and sound of vintage drums, to create an instrument that will hold up to today's modern playing. Like in the original Teardrop drums, the VINTAGE drum series feature hand‐selected premium German Beech shells with rounded bearing edges. We have carefully recreated the look and feel of the 1950's teardrop lug and updated it with SONOR's exclusive Tunesafe™ system. Being sure not to overlook any details, SONOR has redesigned the Superprofil triple flanged hoops and brought back the timeless SONOR badge and logo used in between 1952 and 1961.
|SKU||VT 16 Three22 SP NM VRO|